The curriculum is a framework within which learning and teaching takes place. All children at Moss Lane School have access to a broad and balanced curriculum, regardless of gender, race, religion, age or ability. We believe learning should be fun, relevant and motivating. We firmly believe in the importance of providing meaningful learning experiences. Our curriculum is effectively delivered through stimulating cross curricular topics that combine a range of subjects to make learning meaningful and enable children to make links between subjects.
We check the coverage of the National Curriculum against our topics to ensure children are taught the appropriate knowledge and skills for their year group. Our topics aim to bring the curriculum to life through hooks to engage the children and capture their attention as well as a meaningful purpose and context for learning.
Our intention is to offer a curriculum that:
- Is creative, exciting and engaging
- Enables pupils and teachers to make the most out of every learning opportunity and create lifelong learners
- Promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils at the school and of society
- Prepares pupils at the school for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life
- Is valued because it is fun to teach and inspires independence, resilience, originality and confidence
- Develops enquiring minds
"Teaching is lively and engaging. The curriculum, through visits and practical work, is well designed to help teachers broaden pupils' experiences and develop their communication and thinking skills"
- OFSTED Report Feb 2014
For more information about our curriculum please click on the links below and also take a look at our half termly class newsletters.